Thursday, September 21, 2017

Diamante Poems





This has been a difficult assignment. I have typed in the words to the poem at least three times and attempted to get it in here several times. This is yet another try so hoping for the best. I liked the Diamante Poems because it made you think about nouns and adjectives in relation to your topics. I think this is a great way to get students to not only write a poem but expand their vocabulary and really think about what they are writing. I think this strategy could work with all age groups in the school districts. I think it would be fun as an opener to a lesson to see what they already know, as a mid activity to see what they are learning or if they or learning and as a assessment to see what they learned throughout the lesson. Did you like the Diamante Poems?

4 comments:

  1. Tina,

    You are a brave soul! I attempted the poem chart but at first I had a hard time grasping how it worked. Seeing the finished product definitely encourages me to attempt it in class. I agree that it challenges the students to think and relate to the text in a different way. I love to give students choices when they do in class assessments and I think this would be an excellent option for creative wordsmiths!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like an interesting strategy and I agree with your thoughts where it could be placed in a lesson. I haven't had a chance to play with it since my computer doesn't have Flash, but I definitely want to try my hand at it. It could be useful for me as my school has one-to-one devices for our students.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really did like the diamante poem generator. I am not really good with poetry, but I enjoyed this. I was able to pull on my knowledge of adjectives, nouns, and etc. I like your idea of using this for a bell warmer, especially using the vocab. from the previous lesson. I would like to use it for social studies and understanding events or perceptions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I am sorry it was difficult, that wasn't the goal. This definitely shows me how you understand Frayer Models. This could make a nice formative assessment, too.

    ReplyDelete