Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Word Wall

For my classroom :) Descriptive word wall! Sometimes you can get a few free french frie containers at McDonalds, just ask!:






 Erica Bohrer's First Grade: Bright Polka Dot Classroom Word Wall:




Setting up word walls for back to school classroom organization- get inspiration and ideas for setting up your sight word wall for primary and intermediate students:

 I will use word walls in my classroom for learning new words. I will have a designated wall to use as this word wall and I will update the word wall each week. The words added to the word wall will be words we will be using in class. Words will stay up all year for reference. These words will be available for use when doing writing assignments. This will help students when writing papers have access to spelling multiple words. We will go over the words when adding them to the word wall so they know the meaning of the words as well.

4 comments:

  1. I posted the same picture as your last one. Great minds think alike :) the first one is so cute and such a good idea. Then students can take a fry(word) to their desk and use it as a reference when needed. I like that one. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh. My. Goodness. THAT FRENCH FRY WORD WALL. I need it. I'm totally saving that picture because I LOVE it so much. lol It's such a great way to teach vocabulary and synonyms for that matter. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the first word wall with french fries! So creative and I think it would definitely grab the students' attention. :)
    I have seen many word walls on the back or side of the rooms which is where I plan to put mine at. I want to be visible for the students and have nothing in the way. Word walls would help students for both reading and writing. I have seen previous cooperative teachers use word walls as a morning work where they are to write in their journals or assignment and use their words. I also used the last picture on my blog because I thought it looked pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute word walls. We posted the same last one! How funny! I'm on the fence about the French fries one. It's cute, different, and would get their attention but they can't see the words unless they go up to the wall and pull a fry out. But it's good to see all the synonyms together so they didn't have to search everywhere. Again, I think it would depend on the students you had that year. Great ideas though.

    ReplyDelete