Wednesday, June 7, 2017

The Runaway Tractor (Paperback): Heather Amery
This book is a group of short stories for those who are just beginning to read. The book is by Heather Amery. The picture alone makes this book look interesting to read!
The Old Steam Train (Paperback): Heather Amery

This is a series of short stories that are farmyard tales. This book is also by Heather Amery. While not as fun looking as "The Runaway Tractor" it has some interesting tales.

The Three Little Pigs - Read it
You can always go with the classics like this one "The Three Little Pigs". This is a story I think almost all of us have read in some form or another at one time in our life. It has probably even been read to us in a classroom setting.

Enid Blyton's Holiday Stories (Bumper Short Story: Enid Blyton, Mark
This is a short story collection which may be to old for 2nd graders but it is a series of short stories non the less.

Enid Blyton's Christmas Tales (Bumper Short Story Collections): Enid Blyton, Mark Beech
This is a collection of short stories which all have a Christmas theme. This can be used with the unit I am doing as it pertains to theme which is one of our lessons.

The Big Book of Short Stories: Dick King-Smith, Amanda Harvey
This is a big collection of short stories. This collection has some different sort of characters in it. The book is by Dick King-Smith.

Short! a Book of Very Short Stories: K Crossley-Holland
This book contains very short stories. All stories are two pages or less. This book is by award winner Kevin Crossley-Holland.

Andersen's Fairy Tales (Wordsworth's Children's Classics): Hans Christian Andersen
This is a book of short stories that are fairy tales. Contains 40 of the most popular of Hans Christian Anderson's tales.

The Puffin Book of Classic Children's Stories
This is a book of short stories published in 1997. I think that while this book looks like the reading might be hard for second graders, I think they would enjoy hearing some of these classics.

Aesop's Fables (Wordsworth Children's Classics): Aesop
This book has some real classics. I think almost everyone knows about Aesop's fables. This includes "The Tortoise and the Hare" one almost all of us have heard I am sure.

My unit is on short stories. I have tried to put different books on hear along with the typing. This will be my sixth attempt to publish tonight. I hope this works if not I will be emailing Dr. Steffies and will post later. I hope you all are having better luck.

Language Arts is not my strong suit. I am much better at math. This is my first class where I have had to do a scope and sequence and write 10 lesson plans. Everything is so different from when I did my associates degree at MACC. I think transferring students need to be updated on how this school does things before this. I am enjoying my time and enjoy school just wish there were some examples out there for what she was looking for. Good luck to those of you still working on your lesson plans. My question for you is: are any of you still working on your lesson plans? What is you favorite subject to teach?

6 comments:

  1. I like your book selections. I just turned my entire Unit Plan in....wheeeeew! That was a lot of work! My favorite subjects to teach so far are Science and Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like math and science. I just got my lesson plan so I feel you. Glad to be done too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE short stories! I really want to get my hands on the Short! book that you have listed. It looks cute. I think short stories are perfect for student attention spans too ;). I'm sure you're lesson plans are just fine! I just turned in my unit plan and instantly feel less stressed, so hopefully you soon have that feeling too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am finished with mylesson plans. I am ready to see the grades. I want to know how I did. My favorite subject to teach is math then science.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would love to bend your ear and learn more about what you experienced before coming to CC. This is the best short story collection I have seen to date. Great job in getting this together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks! My mom was a librarian for a long time and I have a love for books.Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete