Thursday, October 12, 2017

Presentations










Presentations from tonight were awesome! I enjoyed these presentations as it is always nice to see other classmates work.

Shout outs go to:
John Gerskin: 8th grade lesson on the Civil War. John had a lot of different strategies used throughout his lesson. There was the double bubble for closure, the use of Cornell notes, and wise maps. Lesson was informative and included questions to make sure they were on track. I also liked the idea of them highlighting as they read to they could reference back what they thought was important. John ended with a rapid recap which I think is great for reminding students of the things they might forget. Great job John!

Nichole Hanks: I plan to go back if it will let me and watch the rest of the video. It seemed like it was very informative. I would like to be in the classroom when you teach this. I also like the idea of the questions throughout and then the individual bubble map on what it was like on the Oregon Trail. I have never seen the use of the interactive notebook but it seems like a good way to take notes. You then used the Frayer Model for Manifest Destiny. I also like the diary entries from the bubble map. Great job Nichole.

Will Palmer: You are a busy person all and going to college too. I found your presentation interesting. Nice combination of math with theatrical use. I like how you got the students thinking about the picture. I referenced it for the questions before answering. Nice use of the chapter tour as well. Great job Will!

Everyone did a fantastic job and I can't wait for next week when we get to see the rest of the presentations. Almost there.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on your presentation. I wasnt able to hear all of it because my dog went nuts, but from what I hear you did a great job. Kudos!!!

    ReplyDelete